There’s daily reports about violating people’s privacy during Cornoavirus pandemic and some of these violations are happening because of proprietary apps published by governments which keep track of people. The idea of government keeping people safe by forcing them to stay home is something I can understand (yet disagree with) but governments are not trustworthy and there’s a high risk that they keep these data/profiles even after pandemic to misuse.
If you have to install these apps please keep your phone in certain places and don’t move it with yourself and if you don’t have to, please uninstall it and purge all its data stored on your phone. I believe with following simple health protocols, we can be safe and healthy. As other people and doctors are suggesting, I suggest these:
- Stay home as long as you can
- Avoid touching people
- Wash your clothes when you come back home
- Wash your hands regularly
- Keep washing your hands with liquid handwash for at least 20 seconds. It’s not to be sure you wash your hands enough, it’s the needed time to kill viruses.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Keep in mind that washing your hands is much better than cleaning them with handgels etc.
- Ask you employer if you can work from home, if you can’t, ask your employer to provide minimum health requirements.
- Don’t use public transportation. If you don’t own a car, please ride a bike.
- Don’t buy too much sanitary stuff. To be safe, other people should be clean too.
- Avoid using pools or other places that can spread the virus; even if it’s private or inside your home.
- Keep yourself active and make others feel alive too. Anxiety and depression caused by quarantine are very harmful.
- If you use social media (networks), please avoid listening to rumors. The best source for news about the virus is WHO.